Make your trip to Wellington, New Zealand easy with Pacific Pet Transport.
Ready for your trip to Wellington, New Zealand? Don't leave your dog or cat behind! Let us handle moving your pet to Wellington.
Below is a brief outline of the requirements for moving pets to Wellington, New Zealand.
- Check that your cat or dog is eligible for import
- Book an MPI-approved quarantine facility (for pets not coming from Australia)
- Notify official veterinarian in New Zealand at least 3 days before arrival (or 5 if from Australia)
- Minimum age specified on the applicable model veterinary certificate in the IHS
- Ensure pet meets residency requirements
- Apply for a permit to import
- Brazilian Fila
- Dogo Argentino
- Japanese Tosa
- Perro de Presa Canario
- American Pit Bull Terrier
Airport Specific Information
Learn about the Wellington Airport by viewing their website.
Need help getting around? Check out the Wellington Airport maps.
What can PacPet do for you?
Below is an outline of our pet transportation services. See how we can help with your pet relocation.
- Flight booking
- Complete final veterinary certificates and get them endorsed by the USDA
- Make sure that all paperwork and vet work is correct
- Obtain an import permit
- Book the quarantine facility
- Flea and tick treatment
- Have the quarantine station meet your pet upon arrival
- Deliver your pet to you after the 10 days of quarantine, if needed