Pacific Pet Transport are experts when it comes to moving pets to or from Sydney.
There are many restrictions for pets that enter Australia. Make sure to speak with us to find out everything you need to know about moving your pet to Sydney.
Below is a brief outline of the requirements for moving pets to Sydney.
- General Vaccinations
- Rabies vaccination
- Import permit and quarantine reservation
- Blood test for rabies antibodies
- Additional blood tests for dogs
- Ten days quarantine from the US
- One hundred and eighty (180) days must elapse from the date that the blood is sampled for the test (with a “passing” result) before your pet can enter quarantine in Australia.
Your pet must remain in the country of export for at least 60 days from the date of the blood test and must spend a minimum of 30 days quarantine in Sydney. The remaining 90 days must be spent in the country of export or added to the Australian quarantine period.
The following breeds are banned from importing into Australia: Fila Brasileiro, American pit bull terrier, Dogo Argentino, Japanese tosa, and Perro de Presa Canario or Presa Canario.
What can PacPet do for you?
Below is an outline of our pet transportation services. See how we can help you with your pet relocation.
- Flight booking
- Complete final veterinary certificates and get them endorsed by the USDA
- Make sure that all paperwork and vet work is correct
- Obtain an import permit
- Book the quarantine facility
- Flea and tick treatment
- Have the quarantine station meet your pet upon arrival
- Deliver your pet to you after the 10 days of quarantine, if needed
- Most of the pet owners whose pets we ship to Sydney move there while their pet awaits the end of the waiting period.
We will inform you of your pet’s full itinerary before the trip and we will update you as your pet travels to or from Sydney, Australia.